Europe’s Largest Initiative Launches to Accelerate Therapy Development for COVID-19 and Future Coronavirus Threats
Brussels, Belgium – 18 August 2020 – CARE (Corona Accelerated R&D in Europe) a new consortium supported by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) public-private partnership announced its launch today to accelerate the discovery and development of urgently needed medicines to treat SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. With a grant totaling € 77.7 million, CARE is funded by cash contributions from the European Union (EU) and cash and in-kind contributions from eleven European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) companies and three IMI-Associated Partners. CARE is a five-year project bringing together 37 partners from Belgium, China, Denmark, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, the UK and the US, and is led by VRI-Inserm (French National Institute of Health and Medical Research, Paris, France), Janssen Pharmaceutica NV, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson (Beerse, Belgium), and Takeda Pharmaceuticals International AG, (Zurich, Switzerland).
Dr Jacky Vonderscher, ENYO Pharma’s CEO said : « COVID-19 is a kind of wake-up call for the humanity. Thanks to IMI public-private partnership, the CARE consortium is a unique opportunity for a company like ENYO to contribute with our drugs and our knowledge to the fight against this virus and future ones potentially even more dangerous.”Download full press release (PDF)
Read next in 'Press releases'
- ENYO Pharma Announces Two Vonafexor Data Presentations at AASLD The Liver Meeting
- ENYO Pharma Announces 16 Weeks Vonafexor (EYP001) Top-Line Interim Results from Two on-going Phase 2a Studies in Chronic Hepatitis B Patients
- ENYO Pharma Announces Positive Vonafexor (EYP001) Results for the LIVIFY Phase 2a Study in F2-F3 NASH Patients over 12 weeks
- ENYO PHARMA ANNOUNCES MULTIPLE EYP001 DATA PRESENTATIONS AT AASLD CONFERENCE
- ENYO PHARMA ANNOUNCES MOVE TO NEW CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS